Here at L.I.F.E. I have the opportunity to guide the therapy team. My focus is to make sure that the therapists can provide the very best services to their consumers. That includes working closely with therapists for training and instruction. It also goes beyond that to collaboration with other individuals on our campus such as back office/administrative staff, Academy staff, and Behavioral Support staff. It also extends to collaboration with representatives from the Department of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), and parents.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT), A.T. Still University, Mesa, AZ, 2013
- B.S. Elementary Education, Northern Arizona University, 2008
Continuing Education and Certifications:
- Myofascial Release clinical application workshops, John F. Barnes PT
- Pediatric Myofascial Release 2/7/15 to 2/8/15
- Myofascial Release I 3/12/15 to 3/15/15
- Myofascial Release II 3/17/16 to 3/20/16
- Water-Based Interventions for the Pediatric Therapist, Kiki Dickson MPT, PAqI 5/13/16 to 5/14/16
- Out-of-Sync Child: Sensory Challenges and Sensible Solutions, Carol Kranowitz 6/16/17
- Social Thinking Across the Home and School Day: The ILAUGH Model, Ryan Hendrix, MS, CCC-SLP 6/1/17 to 6/2/17
- Prevent and Support trained through DDD, Chris Garcia 5/29/18
Specific Treatment Strategies, Equipment, or Expertise Utilized:
- Myofascial Release for range of motion, deep pressure (sensory)
- Use of LiteGait system for gait training
- Aquatic Therapy
I currently serve as the Director of Therapy Services here at L.I.F.E. I started my career in Physical Therapy here at L.I.F.E. in August of 2013 as a treating therapist. I provided skilled physical therapy interventions for a diverse group of individuals. I have experience working in the hospital setting, outpatient orthopedics, and school settings prior to coming to L.I.F.E.
Personal Treatment Philosophy:
I believe in treating the whole child. The entire team has valuable ideas that I can implement into my treatment to target as many areas of function as possible. I also believe that therapy should be fun. Work yes, but also fun.
I am one of the few Arizona natives. I grew up a few hours down the road in the Gila Valley. I grew up participating in sports including basketball, football and track in Jr High and High School. I am married to Chelsey Curtis, also from the Gila Valley. We moved here for me to attend PT school and have been here ever since. We have 8 kids. Yes, 8! Tucker (13), Hayden (12), Camilla (10), Carmen (8), Cora (5), Reed (3), Matthew (2) and Jeffrey (7months). The kids keep us busy with sports, choir performances, band concerts, strings performances and drama productions. In my free time I enjoy carpentry work and home remodel projects.